Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resolutions, Day 12: Celebrations

Ah. You know those days where you get so much accomplished? Little things that have been building up, that you tackle all at once and feel so relieved afterwards?

Well today was one of those days. It's been SO nice having my mom here to help get things done. We started the day with a walk along the river; she helped me put a box of things together for Goodwill and hang things on the walls; we visited Heather, Cooper & Colbie; and we got pedicures.

So... ah. It feels good.

It's amazing what dropping things off at Goodwill and hanging things on the wall can do for your "house esteem."

Every day, I feel more ready to throw the big party. You know, that party.

Drumroll, please...

A housewarming party!

Which takes me to resolution #12 in my "15 days of resolutions" series. (See my previous posts for the scoop- but to sum it up: 15 days, 15 blog posts, 15 New Year's resolutions that culminate with resolution #15 this Saturday, January 1st, 2011.)

So, here we go, resolution #12:

Host a brunch, a dinner, a cocktail party, a desert party and a housewarming party in the new house.

Ok, so realistically I may only host a couple of those parties- but you get the idea. I would love to host a brunch for some of my closest friends; a cocktail party for my coworkers. A housewarming party for everyone I love.

That's one of my favorite things about owning a home- inviting people over. When I had an apartment, it was so hard to have company. From getting through the security gate to walking up a flight of stairs to cramming everyone in, it was always a... hastle. To say the least.

At the house, I can say "come over." And people can walk here (hi, Leah!) or drive a short distance. Park in the driveway. Make themselves comfortable in the living room, or the kitchen. Spend the night in the guest room.

It's wonderful! So I plan to take full advantage of it this year. No stressing about things being perfect, either. If the bathroom isn't perfectly clean, or things aren't hanging on every wall- it's ok. I just want to fill this house with people, and love and laughter.

Speaking of housewarming parties- check out the VIP Lounge for all things celebration-related. It's getting a big "re-sprucing" in 2011!

12 resolutions down... 3 to go!

By the way- anyone have fun NYE plans? It's shaping up to be a low-key NYE with friends for me- dinner on the town, then games & fun at Leah's house. A perfect way to wrap up 2010, in my opinion! :)

2 comments:

  1. those sound like fabulous parties youre going to have in your new home - can i come?? haha! :) Hope you are doing well.

    -Kathleen Alfano

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha of course you can, Kathleen! Thanks for the comment, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...