Monday, December 27, 2010

Resolutions Day 10: Edit Everything

I'm officially back in Tulsa! I had a great, 5-day visit in Plano, but it feels soooo good to be home sweet home.

Some highlights from my time in P-town include:
*Six Flags with the siblings Thursday night
*Christmas Eve church service Friday night
*Christmas morning
*Seeing True Grit at the movies with the family Saturday afternoon
*Playing Telestrations about 18 times (find it, play it. guaranteed laughter.)
*Family bowling on Sunday afternoon
*Seeing Jes's new baby Monday morning
*Meeting old friends for lunch Monday afternoon (Hi, Lisa!)
*Buying a new bookshelf at Ikea on the way out of town today

WHEW! That about sums it up. Great, relaxing, rejuvenating time in Plano.

But, like I said, it feels so good to be back in my sweet little house. My mom came back with me, and I plan on putting her to work the next few days. (Kidding!) We will take walks on the river, hang things on the walls, drink lots of Starbucks, and (maybe) she'll help me pack the Christmas tree up. (What do you say, mom?)

I can't believe we're in the last week of December! And with this final week of 2010 comes 6 more resolutions before we arrive at January 1st, 2011.

In case you missed it, I've been blogging a resolution every day for the past couple of weeks, and come January 1st... I will have 15 resolutions for the new year.

Some have been serious, some have been expensive, some have been time consuming... but all are things near and dear to me, things I've been thinking on for several weeks now, things I really hope to commit to in 2011.

So, here we go, resolution #10:

Learn how to proficiently edit video on Final Cut Pro.

For all of you non-news/non-media people... you probably find this resolution extremely boring. But! It's a resolution of mine, nonetheless.

I learned how to edit video on Avid in college. And nowadays, people use Final Cut Pro. (Or at least most people I work with!)

One major goal I have this year is to learn how to proficiently edit video on Final Cut Pro. It's mainly a professional goal- as a producer for a growing auction broadcast, I would like to know how to roughly edit pieces together and begin to tell or "produce" the story I have in mind.

THEN... the big guns (aka professional editors) come in to smooth out the rough edges and make everything seamlessly tie together.

I think this will also be a good personal goal, as I hope to do more rough editing for the variety show, as well.

So, there you go, resolution #10! A professional and personal goal. Hey, they say you should edit everything, right?

For those of you who have been following my "resolutions" series, stay tuned! We're down to the final 5. And these final 5 are some of my favorite resolutions of all.

By the way... it's the last Monday night of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...